Saturday, December 09, 2006

BBC joins the anti-conspiracy propaganda

Yes, I feel particularly vindictive towards the propagandists these days.

(Another one brought to you by Prison Planet.)

Yet again, the establishment is trying to pathologise unorthodox beliefs with their phoney psychological pseudoscience. Notice how the questions deliberately conflate paranoia with distrust of the governmen, such as these:

"7) My closest friends are very unpredictable. I never know how they are going to act from one day to the next. "

"8) When I am with my closest friends, I feel secure in facing unknown new situations."

"10) I feel very uncomfortable when my closest friends have to make decisions which will affect me personally."

"13) I am certain that my closest friends would not lie to me, even if the opportunity arose and there was no chance that they would get caught."

"14) I can rely on my closest friends to keep the promises they make to me."

Of course, it doesn't matter how you answer those questions, because they only make five questions out of a total of fifteen and are counted in the same total. That means that even if you trust your friends far more than you trust the government (what a radical concept), you will get a response like this:

Your responses suggest you have a high level of belief in conspiracy theories. You might have reason not to trust others, even people close to you. You may also feel that you are an outsider in terms of society and the political and business decisions that large organisations make.


Apparently Dr. Patrick Leman think that you're a paranoid person with antisocial problems in need of a psychologist if you think that the government doesn't have your interests at heart and shouldn't be treated like your friends. Never mind the fact that the beliefs enumerated by the article are widespread enough to design that poll, it must mean we live in a sick world of paranoid people who need to be 'reeducated'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home